The segments provides and option to target offers for specific location and create A/B tests.
Segments can be used to group offers for different target countries or you can use them for grouping purposes.
Segments API reference is available at Segments.
A segment can be created by clicking on the green + button at the top right corner. The segment title is being used for representation purposes, you should give a meaningful title to the segment.
After you have created a segment, you can specify a country, state and city for a segment as well as you can leave the location section empty. And you can add offers for the segment. Included offers will inherit the location specified for the segments and the A/B testing option.
If segment location is empty:
- The segment will not affect offers shown for different locations;
- The segment will be used for grouping purposes;
- You should use segments without location for A/B testing - when you enable 'Randomized segments' your players will be split equally in as many groups as there are segments without location and each player will see the offers that are included in the specific segment;
- The offers that are not included in segments will be shown to all players.
If segment location is specified:
- We look up the players location and use the country, state and city to check if the offers included in the segment should be shown ;
- If only country is specified, we show the segment offers only in the specified country;
- If country and state is specified, we show the segment offers only in the specified country and the state;
- If country, state and city is specified, we show the segment offers in the specified country, state and 50km (31 miles) around the specified city
Randomized segments allows you to experiment with different offers. This functionality can be used as an A/B testing. When you want to check how different offers are performing.
Example: you create two segments without specified geolocation (with location the players location will be checked as well) and different offers.
Without randomized segments all of the offers will be available for your player. When you turn on random segments, only one of the available segments offers will be shown to your player (switching between segments randomly for players). The player will see the same offers for 24 hours.
The offers that are not included in any segments will continue working as previously. The Randomized segments impacts the Offers list API method.
The Offer details API method will continue working as previously - it will show the details to you player if the offers is available in his location.
Updated 6 months ago